Thursday, February 04, 2010

All is Fair in Love and War

Well, that's how the saying goes...but what does it MEAN??
Does it mean that whatever is done to maintain love, find love etc is fair ?
Does it mean love really is a battlefield and you have to fight for it?
Does it mean that you can fight over it at all?
Really...what the hell does it mean?
In my mind, this means do what you gotta do if you want that love. Nobody can tell me that's not the meaning because really...no one knows for sure.

Why is this relevant?
The past 7 days of my life could be defined by those 7 words.

I don't like confrontation - I will do anything to get out of it unless it's absolutely necessary that it be done. Granted, the past few days have been filled with them, but normally it's not my thing.
Compassion is my one true weakness. Being compassionate is both a blessing and a curse for me, my heart breaks at others' misfortunes and I can't change that.
Stranger, friend or foe, I cannot stand to know/see/hear about/think about someone else being unhappy or hurt. I feel that my purpose in this world, above all else is to make sure that people are happy in life. I know, big task for a small person but that's how it is in my mind. In reality it probably is not meant to be that way, and the amount that I can help others is probably enough on my part - but that's not good enough.

Should I want to change that? How can I fight for love when I know someone else is going to end up hurt, losing love?

Yet how can I not fight for something I want when I know it should be mine?
I hate the way things have gone these past days -- that's serious because I rarely hate anything.

After all of this, I'm still left wondering, what does this saying mean for my life ?

No comments: