Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Soca Warriors show how it's done





Trinidad and Tobago beat Bahrain today 1-0.....waaaaaaaaat, lol. That means that they're now one of the final 32 teams taking part in World Cup 2006 next year in Germany :D
I'm soooooo happy -- they played well today and given that the goalkeeper needs work, I'm hoping they work some kind of magic when official play starts.
TnT looked like such a different team out there on the pitch, and the commentary today was just enough to keep you interested, lol. I swear every so often an "oh deary me" would be heard from those commentators that made me wonder just what they would say were it not for censorship...

Towards the end of the game, Bahrain was showing signs of stress they were just MEAN and didn't really care what they did. I will say the attempt on goal in stoppage time was brilliant on Bahrain's part... and even though he made some good saves, TnT's keeper just wasn't up to mark this game.
I was so afraid for my team though, I heard gunshots in the background and in my mind I thought it couldn't be too safe...I mean if fans were throwing water bottles onto the pitch, what was to stop them from taking aim, hmm?



It was said that when TnT flew over to Bahrain, they were only provided with FIVE soccer balls for practice...and Bahrain banned tnt's rhythm section from entering the stadium with their instruments! that's just messed up - I had to listen to some man singing/chanting in some Bahranian style throughout the entire game, lol.

In the end all that mattered was that Trinidad won and qualified. Why? Because that's was their mission, and because Bahrain tried everything to break them before the match and winning 1-0 was the perfect way to show them that.


No comments: