Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am who I am...

Yes, biblical times are on my mind..well just a biblical quote.
Chances are good that you've heard of the ten commandments? Even if your religion doesn't follow them, you've heard of them. There've been a few movies over the past decades about the commandments. I know I've seen the movies but can't remember them...what I can remember is the part where 'God' says "I am that I am" in response to Moses asking God's name.
That's always stayed with me, that line.
Over time as I grew up, I realized I am who I am.
In 24 years, I've seen a lot in my life. These experiences have made me who I am and even though there've been some tragedies, I'd like to believe this was all supposed to be.

I've learned never to hold back, always live life to the fullest.
If you have something to say, why keep it inside? Where will that get you?
We have one life, this one...so why not make the most of it?

I've come to realise that time waits for no one. Your perfect life today can be turned upside down tomorrow so why should you not capitalize on every moment you have now?

If tomorrow never comes, have you done enough today to let those close to you know how much they mean? Maybe they don't care to know but the real question is do you care that they know?

I am who I am, and I don't waste time. Yes, it may take me a while to trust but once I do and a connection is formed, trust me you'll know :)
I used to be so afraid of that but now, I could care less...life's too short.

People say never have regrets, but you know what..there will be things you do that you really can't change but wish you could. Maybe it's not a regret but it is something you look back on ruefully. As it is, every minute that goes by is one less minute you have to live.

I believe you have two choices in life:
1) be a player in the game of life or
2) watch from the sidelines as life passes you by.

The choice is ours to make...and everyone will choose what suits them, the key is never to change your choice to fit someone elses.

REALLY...you've gotta be you because if you were me, you wouldnt be you! Lol...

No comments: