Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rest in Peace

I didn't know Shastri for too long...I always used to see him on my cousin's street, jus chillin and playing music loud. About two months ago I started to work with him and even though it wasn't a long time I knew right away that he was unique. I've never met someone so good. He was always smiling, making people smile. Whenever I had to work he'd always make the day better. I'm in trinidad right now..I flew in on thursday and as soon as I stepped off the plane i found out that Shastri passed away. Nothing felt real...I kept thinking it was a bad joke. When it turned out to be true, I prayed to God I heard wrong. I still can't believe it. I keep crying because I can't understand it. I thought i'd see him soon.. now I just don't feel like being in tnt. I don't wanna do anything, I just wanna come back home and pay my respects...be with everyone.

Shastri, you were unlike any other...nothing could take away from the good you did. I keep thinking about the last couple times I saw you...working in the back room you were singing, so happy even though you were as tired as everyone else...then the last time I saw you - that day before you left for tnt. You definitely touched so many lives and nothing will be the same without you. You were taken too soon and will forever be missed and loved.
Memories will stay in our hearts and minds, you'll never be forgotten.

A good friend told me that although it's difficult times, we shouldn't cry too much but instead we should pray for him so that his soul may be lighter as he continues on his journey.

Rest in Peace.

--Kelly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: